Dear Fleet Feet fans,
We’ve had a great time partnering with Fleet Feet for the past month and a half to do cross training for running groups and are excited about this opportunity to tell you more about FIT House. The FIT in FIT House stands for Functional, Intense, Training… and that’s exactly why we opened our doors a little over a year ago. We strongly believe that athletic training should be built around function. Whether we are specifically training an athlete for his or her sport, or focusing on balance training to help an elderly client avoid falls, we believe fitness and function go hand in hand.
Our class schedule at FIT House reflects our functional approach to fitness. We feature a variety of classes that are designed to complement each other and challenge your body as a unit, training you to be the strongest, most agile version of yourself. Class descriptions are as follows:
- Bootcamp and Combine 360. Bootcamp and Combine 360 classes are designed to encourage and support you while you experience the enjoyment of using muscles you forgot existed .Whether you’re a beginner, an avid fitness enthusiast or looking for a change in your exercise routine, this whole new approach to exercise may be the perfect fit. High intensity activities that challenge several muscle groups to work together are featured in these classes. Cardiovascular endurance, strength and balance are all benefits of participation. Our instructors have elite Combine 360 certifications as well as a multitude of other credentials that put them at the top of their industry. When you attend one of these classes, you will not only get a good workout, but you will also learn a great deal about your body.
- Power Vinyasa Yoga. Power Vinyasa Yoga is a combination of deep breathing and specifically sequenced sets of flowing yoga postures. It has the ability to build strength, increase endurance, release tension, and create more flexibility in the entire body. It is incredible for strength and endurance training and is a great compliment to running or bootcamp. We only hire yoga instructors who hold 200-hour training certifications (the top yoga certification offered). We keep our instructors at this premium to make sure your experience is positive and injury free. In a sixty minute session of this type of yoga, a 145 pound individual can expect to burn up to 450 calories.
- Barre FIT. Barre FIT is another great method for strength training but the class is taught at a lower intensity. This may be the perfect class for participants who are bothered by joint pain or old injuries when engaging in plyometric training. It will help you become stronger, sculpt long, lean muscles, burn fat, and improve balance. No previous dance experience is required!
- Power FIT. This interval style class alternates between cardio and full body functional strength training. Participants power through high-energy cardio intervals complimented by strength training sequences to bring their heart rate down while building muscle and burning fat. Pilates based balance and mat work will round out your workout.
Spring is a time for new beginnings and to try new activities. Maybe this spring you will try a new type of fitness activity. Are you a runner? Try a yoga class! Is indoor fitness your main mode of working out? Maybe you will join a Fleet Feet running group or try outdoor bootcamp. Whatever you feel takes you out of your fitness comfort zone and to a new level, we encourage you to try it! In fact, at FIT House, we will be offering the following programs:
- Cross training with Moonlight running group at Fleet Feet.
- Summer Rock Your Jeans Program. An all inclusive program where participants are provided with meal plans and exercise goals to lose two jeans sizes in eight weeks.
- Ten days of yoga for ten dollars. Come to FIT House and pay only $10 to participate in ten days of yoga. ($115 savings)
And for the little ones in your life:
- FIT 2 Swim Camps. A unique opportunity for kids to experience all aspects of athleticism- on land and in the water- with equal focus on fitness and character building. (June 18-22, July 23-27, or July 30- Aug 3)
Please check out our May schedule, and refer to our website (fithousedavis.com) for additional details on our programs and services. You may also email us your questions at email@example.com. We hope to see you out and about in May!
Jen and Lisa
Owners, FIT House Davis